- Date Posted
February 1, 2019
- Salary Range
10 - 11
Do you enjoy helping others realize their goal? Are you compassionate about people with disabilities? You will be please to know we have the perfect opportunity for you to help in a warm welcoming environment. First Resources has an exciting supervisory position in our Disabilities department.
First Resources Corporation could be the perfect place for you. We are a nonprofit organization that offers services for people with disabilities. First Resources is seeking the right candidate to fill the full and part-time Direct Support Professional (DSP) position. The ideal candidate would be responsible for daily services for people with disabilities in our 24-hour site homes in the Sigourney area.
First Resources is currently looking for Direct Support Professionals who are:
- Smart & eager to learn
- Ambitious & adaptable
- Kind & service-oriented
As a Direct Support Professional, you will:
- Provide support for independent living in the community and their homes by working with them to achieve their goals.
- Assist with people's day-to-day needs (transportation, personal care, socialization, budgeting, preparing meals, money management, problem solving, etc.)
- Working on set goals while providing protective oversight and supervision.
- Provide encouragement and coaching to people who are working to develop daily living skills & healthy habits.
- Promptly document hours worked and complete progress notes by the required deadline.
- Work and maintain an established a schedule with the supervisor.
- Other Responsibilities and Expectations: Candidate will maintain strict confidentiality, stay in close communication with other team members and supervisor.
- Paid training & A fun work environment
- Pay starting between $9.50 - $10.50 /hour depending on education, experience, and placement
- Full & Part time hours available
Part Time positions that can easily turn into full-time position with GREAT benefits package including, but not limited to, Health and Dental Insurance options, Holiday pay, Sick and Vacation time and Retirement
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record and auto insurance.
- Satisfactory results on background check pertaining to criminal and abuse registries including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and the criminal history check
- Experience is preferred, but not required. We provide the training and tools that you need to be successful at First Resources Corporation.