- Date Posted
March 31, 2019
- Salary Range
35,000 - 37,000
Are you looking for a great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others?
First Resources Corp. could be the perfect place for you. We are a nonprofit organization that offers resources for people in the community. First Resources is seeking a Coordinator for our Mental Health/Recovery Drop-In Center located in Oskaloosa.
The Coordinator is responsible for the management of the peer-operated Mental Health/Recovery Drop-In Center. They must possess the skill and willingness to work closely with individuals with a mental health diagnosis while developing and implementing recovery based principles.
As an DIC Coordinator Practitioner you will:
- Promote the integration of individuals with mental health needs into the community and be committed to providing the participants an environment with mental health support, opportunities for socialization and encouragement towards independence.
- Will maintain the attitude and performance of a positive role model for the participants, as well as educate the participants on various mental health options, resources, and services available to them by providing assistance in identifying and connecting participants to these support services.
- The Coordinator will supervise a team of staff members who support and assist the peers in operating the center.
- Will maintain daily logs of the participants utilizing the center and ensure the safety of the participants will be able to complete all paperwork/reporting within established time frames.
- They have to understand the importance of strict confidentiality and ethical practices and comply with all of First Resources Corporations policies, procedures, core values, and mission.
- The Coordinator will have the ability to embrace rapid change, meet multiple demands simultaneously and efficiently with little supervision.
- Paid training & a fun work environment
- Pay starting between $30,000 - $33,000, depending on education and experience
- Scheduled will be set up based on participates needs (including some evenings and weekends)
- Full-time positions with GREAT benefits package including, but not limited to, health & dental insurance options, paid holidays, sick and vacation time, and retirement.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field and 1 (one) year of experience working in Mental Health Services.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record and show proof of auto insurance.
- Satisfactory results on background check pertaining to criminal and abuse registries including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and the criminal history check