- Date Posted
October 16, 2019
- Salary Range
32,000 - 36,000
Are you looking for a great opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and their families?
First Resources Corporation could be the perfect place for you. We are seeking the right candidate to fill the fill the full-time Family and Children Care Coordinator position.
As a FSRP Care Coordinator you will:
- Provides support to families needing assistance as identified by the Department of Human Services. Supported efforts may be any or all of the following:
- Supervision of interaction between family members.
- Assisting families through identification of resources, supports, and tools within their communities.
- Parenting skill education by way of modeling and coaching.
- Advocating for children and families referred for services through FSRP or Safety Plan Services.
- Attend court hearings, Family Team Meetings, DHS staffing’s, or other meetings as requested by the Department of Human Services.
- Maintaining positive relationships with foster parents, informal supports identified by the family, and other partners in the community on behalf of the family as requested.
- Provision of transportation as needed to support family interaction, attendance at Family Team Meetings, substance abuse/mental health appointments, and school staffing’s.
- Quality service provision and courteous interactions with identified case members, community partners, and all other stakeholders with vested interests in the family.
- Testifying in court hearings as requested regarding family progress.
- Communication and Documentation Responsibilities:
- Timely entry of service contacts in the electronic data system.
- Development of treatment and service plans.
- Timely monthly reporting as it relates to family progress or barriers.
- Strict adherence to client confidentiality and compliance with HIPPA laws.
- Paid training & a fun work environment
- Pay starting between $32,000 - $36,000, depending on education and experience
- Office hours required
- Travel required within the counties we serve; Jasper, Poweshiek, Mahasak, Monroe, Keokuk area
- Hours will be based on client list including; days, evenings and weekends
- Full time positions with GREAT benefits package including, but not limited to, Health & Dental Insurance options, Holidays, Sick time, Vacation Time and Retirement.
- Bachelor Degree with minimum of two (2) years of full time experience in Social or Behavioral Sciences, or related field may be considered.
- Requirement of a minimum of 2 year’s experience in social work or related filed, including one year of experience being specifically related to child welfare.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and a good driving record
- Satisfactory results on background check pertaining to criminal and abuse registries