- Date Posted
October 16, 2019
- Salary Range
11 - 13
Do you have a desire to make a difference in the lives of others?
Are you compassionate about people with a mental illness?
First Resources Corporation could be the perfect place for you. We are a nonprofit organization that offers services for people with mental illness’. First Resources is seeking the right candidate to fill the fill the full-time Direct Support Professional (DSP) position in our Supported Community Living (SCL) program.
HAB teaches skills to individuals who have a chronic mental illness to maintain their mental health symptoms in order to successfully reach their goals, function appropriately and to live independently in the community. Services are designed to promote well-being and assists individuals in acquiring, retaining and improving self-care, self-sufficiency, socialization and community integration. The skills taught are believed to be the foundation to living a safe and fulfilling life.
As a Direct Support Professional, you will:
- Schedules and arrives on time to appointments with individuals served implementing activities and interventions with individuals as indicated in their service plans. Coordinate transportation for individuals as directed by their service plans using established safety standards. Efficiently and effectively, manage all aspects of representative payee accounts of individuals assigned.
- Gather information to contribute to service planning, quarterly reports and initial assessments.
- Document interactions and service provision with individuals (progress notes) utilizing FRC server, turning in this and all other required paperwork within FRC deadlines.
- Complete all necessary file maintenance required to maintain an ongoing file audit at 100% of compliance.
- Achieve minimum weekly billing requirements. (Full-time requirements 24 units per week; less than full-time requirements will be prorated accordingly.)
- Meet with direct supervisor on a weekly basis; follow supervisor’s instructions with regard to service delivery, documentation, FRC policy and procedures.
- Communicate with interdisciplinary team members as required to maintain a cohesive support unit to best serve the individuals assigned.
- Attend group supervision and Community Based Mental Health Service staff meetings.
- Maintain strict confidentiality regarding individuals and families serviced by First Resources Corporation.
- Keep Service Supervisor apprised of all pertinent information.
- Treat others in a courteous and respectful manner.
- Paid training & a fun work environment
- Pay starting between $10.00 - $12.50 /hour depending on education, experience and location
- Part-time hours with potential to go to full- time hours: Flexible during the week
- Office hours and travel required
Part-time positions that can easily turn into full- time positions with GREAT benefits package including, but not limited to, Health & Dental Insurance options, Holidays, Sick time, Vacation Time and Retirement.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record and auto insurance.
- Satisfactory results on background check pertaining to criminal and abuse registries including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and the criminal history check
- Experience is preferred, but not required. We provide the training and tools that you need to be successful at First Resources Corporation.