- Date Posted
February 1, 2019
- Salary Range
30,000 - 33,000
Come join our growing IPR Program!
Our Community Based Mental Health Department is looking for a Full-Time Intensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner in Ottumwa. This position is a unique and rewarding career opportunity! The IPR Program is a very exclusive Mental Health Program only offered in Iowa and Boston, MA. See people grow in their decision–making skills and gain more independence as they learn new and exciting ways to manage their mental health symptoms.
First Resources is currently looking for Direct Support Professionals who are:
- Smart & eager to learn
- Ambitious & adaptable
- Kind & service-oriented
As an IPR Practitioner you will:
- Work with adults with a chronic mental illness to achieve long-term goals, sustainable success and satisfaction in their lives, promoting well-being for each client through connecting, coaching and creating relationships with each individual.
- Assisting clients in meeting an Overall Rehabilitation Goal in one of 4 areas in their lives: Living, Working, Social or Learning.
- Work with clients in an outpatient setting to ensure clients remain successful and living independently in their own homes by teaching ways to manage symptoms of their diagnoses and be self-sufficient.
- Using the IPR Boston Model as a curriculum
- Paid training & a fun work environment
- Pay starting between $30,000 - $33,000, depending on education and experience
- FLEXIBLE, FULL-TIME, CREATE-YOUR-OWN-SCHEDULE to meet with each client 6-10 hours a week in INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP settings to meet their goal
Full-time with GREAT benefits package including, but not limited to, Health and Dental Insurance options, Holiday pay, Sick and Vacation time and Retirement
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Services or related field and 1 (one) year of experience working in Mental Health Services.
- Complete 60 hours of Intensive Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner training to earn the Qualified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (QPRP) certificate, which is provided upon hire by First Resources Corporation.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, a good driving record and auto insurance.
- Satisfactory results on background check pertaining to criminal and abuse registries including checks of the Dependent Adult and Child Abuse registries, the Sex Offender registry, and the criminal history check